Wednesday, May 29, 2013

No Other Way, No Other Savior!



Isa 43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. 12  I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. 13  Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

Only God can save – Isa 43:11-13
Only the blood can cleanse - Heb 9:22 “Without the shedding of blood there is no remission (of sin)”
Only by grace through faith - Eph 5:8,9 “For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that, not of yourselves”
Only by Jesus' name -  Acts 4:12 “There is no other name under heaven, given among men, whereby ye must be saved.”
Only by the conviction of the Holy Spirit - John 16:8-9 “He will reprove the world of sin…because they believe not on me.”
Only by the drawing of His love - Jeremiah 31:3 “Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”

Our goodness, gifts, talents, money, looks, restraint, religion, heroics or heritage could not purchase one splinter of the tree on which Christ was crucified. Our salvation is all of God and none of us. There is nothing and no one we can trust other than the Lord's Christ and His sacrificial work done on Calvary for sins forgiven and an entrance into heaven. There is no hope in the Pope, no mercy in the mahdi, no innate goodness in the imam, no power in the priest, preacher or pastor. Buddha, Krishna, Confucius, Mohammed, Joe Smith, Chas Russell, Billy Graham and a million other religious icons are powerless to save.

Come to Jesus, stripped bare of your pride, sins exposed, lay yourself humbly before the mercy seat, trusting only in His grace and goodness for salvation. He is waiting for you now, just as He has always waited. But, the offer will one day expire, come while He is drawing you. Tomorrow may be too late. Call on the Lord now to wash away your sins and accept you into the Beloved.

No comments: