Tuesday, February 12, 2013

He Does See and Hear



Psa 94:9  He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

There are those times when we wonder if God really does hear our prayers...when the baby is deathly ill, when our finances continually fail to meet the needs, when that loved one won't give in to the call of the Savior.

God is not interested in being our personal Genie, granting requests at our whims. But He does hear and answer every request made by His children. Sometimes the answer is "no," sometimes "yes," and sometimes, "in good time." And there are those times when we get the go ahead, but with alterations.

I prayed for the salvation of my family for decades. To me, it seemed like it would be God's will that they come to Christ. I began to grow impatient as time passed. But, one by one, some after months of prayer, some after years and some after decades, they all trusted the Lord for salvation. It wasn't that the Lord didn't hear my prayers, rather, that He was doing what was necessary to prepare them to accept Him. Also, it kept me praying and living the testimony I needed to so they might witness what a Christian life is supposed to be.

The issue was not whether or not God heard my prayer and would answer, but a matter of timing and for the prayers to reach their maturity.

I am praying now that my wife and I would be able to sell a property that has been an albatross around our necks for several years. It has drained us of about $60,000 or $70,000 that sure could have went toward other things. But we understand that God knows best and will, in His own good time, grant our request. In the meantime, it keeps us dependent on Him.

Look, fellow believer, He made the ear, don't think He doesn't hear. He fashioned the eye, don't imagine that He is watching over you. Keep on praying and serving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Preacher, You are the best!

Pastor Fuller said...

Thanks Sis. Karen!