Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The IRS Agent and the Hooker


Mat 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Did you hear the one about the prostitute, the priest and the tax collector at a bar?

This is no joke, it's a part of a story Jesus related.

Which would you rather be on judgment day when we all stand before the bar of God? Would you rather be the religious leader full of his own goodness, a prostitute who knows she's a wicked sinner or a G-man found guilty of extorting funds from working stiffs?

The one who realizes their inability to save themselves and casts their poor soul at the Saviour's feet will fare well on that day.

But the moralistic, self-righteous, religious hypocrites will be in for a big surprise. They will try to justify themselves, "But I was a good man, I gave to charity, I kept the commandments, I went to church!" But they will hear these woeful words from the Just Judge, "Depart from me, you worker of iniquity. I never knew you!"

I hope you realize you were born in sin. There is nothing in you deserving of God's heaven, His forgiveness or His mercy. I hope you will confess what a wicked sinner you are and cast your poor soul at the Saviour's nail pierced feet. There, you can be covered by the blood shed for your sins.

To be honest with you, I'd rather spend eternity with a blood-washed hooker than with a religious hypocrite.

No comments: