Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Why Me?


Pro 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. 12 She will do him good and not evil all
the days of her life.


I was sitting in the midst of 500 cops at a funeral, listening to the eulogies for a well-loved and well respected officer, thinking of how blessed the man was. He was an investigator, worked at the hospital on his day off, coached two basketball teams, taught Sunday school, was a mentor and a great family man. Whew! How did the man do it all?

I got to thinking then about my wife and all she does and all she is, and it suddenly hit me how blessed I am to have a person like this.

One of the first things I want to ask my Savior after I bow and give Him all the glory He deserves, "Why me? Why was I the most blessed person I have ever met?"

He has given me such a well favored life, a great family, ministry, church, all the nice things in life, the blessings of being an American, a Nebraskan, a Christian, Yes, even a Baptist.

However, besides the great salvation He has given this undeserving sinner, He has blessed me with a lady who is the epitome of the Proverbs 31 woman. She is as virtuous as they come. Her price is far above rubies. She has done me nothing but good. She is the fairest of ten thousand.

I know it would only be right for any man to speak so highly of his wife, I would expect nothing less from any decent man. But for me, it is not hyperbole; it is God's honest truth. There is no better wife than the one God has given me.

And so I give thanks to the One Who has blessed me with all spiritual blessings and a great life, to boot!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

From the little I know her, I'd say she's definitely a "keeper" there, Pastor Gary!