Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Garbage Dumps and Cesspools


Pro 22:10 Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease. 24 Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: 25 Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.

I just wasted about 20 minutes of my life listening to a self-important atheist, Penn Jillette, droning on and on, impressed with the sound of his own voice as he spewed his incredulity about us whack-job Christians. Please, pass me an aspirin! They so like to hear themselves. I wonder how advanced their "free thought" would be if it weren't for the internet, which they do their best to dominate.

Have you noticed, the negative, narcissist nay-sayers are under as many rocks as mully-grubs? And not just the hatetheists, but also people at our jobs, in our schools, even in our families and churches who can find nothing better to do than spout ugliness and scorn. I am thinking of one gal who calls herself a believer, but must be loved like one would a rattlesnake, from a distance!

There is so much for which we can praise God, why all the negativity? And that brings me to my point, I chose to listen to this buffoon blathering his vitriol. He dragged me down and I let him. (Thanks for letting me confess!)

Scorners need receptacles for their verbal garbage, any willing ear will suffice. Any time we allow our ears to be their garbage dump, our hearts will start to become a cesspool of waste.

It is wise to avoid these angry souls (angry at themselves, at God, at anyone relying on Him) and, instead, fill our hearts and minds with praiseworthy thoughts.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Now, it is time for me to cast out the words of the scorner Penn and contemplate the words of godly men who penned the Holy Scripture. I will call it taking out the garbage and draining the cesspool.

1 comment:

Randy the Atheist said...

I would honestly like to see you prove your god exists, until then just keep your unicorns and what not out of life.

-Atheist