Thursday, September 15, 2011
When Suffering: Hang in There, Jesus did!
1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: 7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
Speaking out of her own deep suffering and experience: "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. Helen Keller
You are going through the fire. You don't know if you can keep going. Money's tight, times are hard, relationships are strained, health is broken. You have had an unbroken string of setbacks. You are discouraged, wondering if all is lost, hang in there friend, God knows right where you are and is closely monitoring your situation. Perhaps the devil has put you into the furnace, but you need to know that God has his hand on the thermostat!
Saint Peter speaks to a situation just like yours. If you are a believer know the following things are true:
*God will keep you by His unfailing power.
*Even though times are hard, rejoice! You are being tempered to become a better person through your trials.
*If you stay true to God through it all, you will receive praise and honor and glory when Christ appears.
Friend, God loves you so much. He would never forsake you. He has your best interests at heart. But you have to cooperate with His plan and stay faithful to Him. Here are some hints to help you over the rough time:
1. Don't lose faith. Though you can't see Him through the flames, He is still there watching you, loving you, protecting you. He knows and has planned the end of your suffering and the results that will bring glory and honor.
2. Don't do anything foolish, such as lay out of church, quit supporting your church, quit reading the Word, give in to temptation.
3. Pray like it is your only hope - it is!
4. Get filled with the Holy Spirit. As His presence fills you, you will have a joy in the midst of trials, a peace that passes understanding, and a strength that is super human.
5. Be patient. As is true of all the problems you have ever faced, "This too shall pass." So many people give up too soon. The resolution to their dilemma was just around the bend when they threw in the towel.
There is a reason for whatever you are going through, but there is a season. Seasons change. Winter passes and Spring blooms. The Summer heat dissipates and Autumn brings its relief. You are going through a season, and it is for a reason.