1Pe 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
I admit it, I am a wimp! I have a very low tolerance for suffering. It sure is good to know that some good things come about as a result of (the right kind of) suffering:
1. It knocks off the rough edges, vss 1&2
2. When you suffer, you are in good company, 13
3. It yields eternal rewards, 13
4. You get to glorify God in your suffering, 15
5. You will experience God's faithfulness throughout your suffering, 19