Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Glorious Meeting


Last night, my son Jeremiah and I were treated to an "off the charts" service in Boston's historic Faneuil Hall. The Holy Ghost was all over the fellowship, the preaching and the music. We also sensed the spirit of historical America, patriotism and God's hand upon our nation's past.

Dr. Paige Patterson and Missionary Tim Downs thrilled us with some great preaching that stirred every soul present.

I was overwhelmed to realize, as these men were preaching, that Most of our forefather's thundered forth in this same venue even before our nation was a nation. Also interesting to me was to see the busts of two of my forebears rested directly behind the speakers, those of John Adams and John Quincy Adams.

May God continue to bless this meeting hosted by Boston Baptist College and directed by my friend, Dave Melton.

No comments: