Saturday, September 10, 2011

Is America Doomed? Trust in the Lord!


The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2

On the eve of 9/11, America is bracing for an Al Qaeda attack on New York or Washington. Intel warns that it could be a dirty car bomb carried out by 3 members, 2 of whom may be US citizens. A couple of nights ago, a serious and suspicious power outage hit Southern California, Northern Baja and Yuma, AZ, putting over 4 million people in the dark during a severe heat wave. The East Coast was bombarded by yet another rain storm leaving deadly floods in its wake. Hurricanes Maria and Nate are on their way from the Atlantic. All of this on the heels of a sizeable earthquake centered in Northern Virginia and rattling Washington, DC, NYC, Philadelphia and Boston.

The American economy is tanking. Our nation is so far in debt that it will never recover. Bankruptcy is looming. It seems that it may soon collapse. We fear hyper-inflation and sky-rocketing gas prices. The loss of Social Security, Medicare, the US Postal Service and our retirement portfolios are imminent.

Folks, America seems to be in the cross hairs of an historic demise. Do these crises merit a spiritual introspection? Can we continue to blame the political party from the other side of the all for all these problems? Do natural disasters emanate from poor political policies? Obviously, we have got to humble ourselves, hit our knees, repent of our sins, and seek God’s face.

Even if all does go south, the person that puts his trust in the Lord will have all the promises in the Book available and applicable to him.

No comments: