Friday, February 25, 2011

I Told You So!


Act 27:21 But after long abstinence Paul stood forth in the midst of them, and said, Sirs, ye should have hearkened unto me, and not have loosed from Crete, and to have gained this harm and loss.

You have to refer to yesterday's blog, when Paul warned Julius the Centurion not to sail, but he believed the ship's owner rather than the man of God.

It turns out that Paul was right. Sometimes, I hate being right! When I tell someone who has gone and messed their life up, "I hate to tell you that I was right, but I was right" it gives no pleasure whatsoever. You parents know what I mean.

Damage has been done and sorrow and regret has ensued. Why is it that so many people refuse to hear wisdom borne of experience and a knowledge of things holy?

But some just have to learn the hard way. Oh well, I'll do my best not to say, "I told you so."

No comments: