Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The God Who Deserves Our Thanks

Psa 26:7 That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

Starting the first of January, and until yesterday, I have blogged through the Bible. A hundred and seventy five posts later and I have made it all the way from Gen 1:1 to Rev 22:21. It has been a tremendous blessing to me to focus on a verse or a passage almost daily and mine a nugget or two from the depths of the Word. Just know that, as thankful as I am that someone might happen upon my thoughts in these blogs, and I hope you are blessed, but they are primarily for my benefit. I am journaling what God has given me day by day.

I am not sure where I am headed now in my studies of Scripture, I am still praying about that. However, Thanksgiving is almost upon us and I am in a real "giving thanks" mode. So I am looking through the Psalms at the references to the word "thanksgiving."

These psalms of gratefulness come from the heart of David and Asaph, and the rest are unascribed.

Enjoy the following verses and be sure to give God thanks...

Psa 50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

Psa 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Psa 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Psa 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Psa 107:22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.

Psa 116:17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.

Psa 147:7 Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:

No comments: