Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Speak to Me, Trump of God!


Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

It has been 1920 years since Gabriel has talked to anybody with his trumpet. I am sure he has been practicing a plenty, but the anticipation of the announcing archangel must be piqued.

He was quite busy making announcements there for a while, proclamation to Zacharias, message to Mary, pronouncement to Joseph, herald to the shepherds and vision to John. But for past 700,800 days he has reported to the throne for duty, trumpet in hand, ready to speak to me with his trumpet. But the response has gone from, "Be patient" to "One of these years" to "Soon, Gabe!" to "Better get your embouchure in shape" to "Shine up the trumpet and empty the spit valve!"

Hold on......

Sorry, thought I heard a brassy sound up in the clouds there for a moment. Guess it was just wishful thinking this time.

1 comment:

little dynamo said...

there is nothing wrong with your hearing