Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Substance of Faith


Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I am hoping for a lot. The word "hope" here means to expect.

I expect the Lord to call me up to the clouds soon, and then conducting me on to glory.
I expect God to deliver on His promises.
I expect a home in heaven.
I expect a judgment seat where I will be rewarded.
I expect a judgment seat where I will suffer loss.
I expect all my needs to be met according to His riches in glory.
I expect that I will reap what I have sown.
I expect to reap of the Spirit for what I have sown to the spirit.
I expect to reap of the flesh for what I have sown to the flesh.
I expect to come rejoicing, bringing my sheaves with me because I have gone forth, weeping, bearing precious seed.
I expect to have tribulation in this life.
I expect that Jesus will never leave me, nor forsake me, even/especially during that tribulation.
I expect to overcome that tribulation as a victorious warrior of God.
I expect that all will work out well for me and for God's kingdom because I love the Lord and have been called according to His purpose.
I expect my children not to depart from the ways of the Lord because we are bringing them up in those ways.

Well, I am expecting a lot, aren't I? That's where faith makes its entrance. I have absolutely no doubt about any of my expectations listed above because they are fully guaranteed by the Word of God...and He always keeps His Word. It has never failed! The faith that I have is not even my faith, it is the faith He has granted me, which makes it doubly availing.

I thank my Lord today that my life is full of substance.

No comments: