Thursday, October 22, 2009

What's is your Love Level?


Heb 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.

In my own strength, I can love the brothers, for a while anyway. But, I have to admit that it gets tough after a while.

Offences can add up and overload my ability to keep on loving. Loving the unlovable is a God thing. The Scripture tells us that God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

When someone is kind to me, loves me, respects me, I have no trouble reciprocating. But let a person slight me or do me wrong, let them act in an unloving way, my flesh says, "en guarde!"

But the Saviour asks, "For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? Do not even the publicans (reviled tax collectors) the same?

Paul tells us to love the brotherhood. He writes that our love is to be without dissimulation. That is, let it remain sincere.

It takes the filling of the Holy Spirit so that we might exhibit the fruit of the Spirit. The top of the list of fruit? You guessed it, love!

How important is it that we let brotherly love continue? Love covers a multitude of sins. Love begets grace and mercy. Love gives and forgives.

Really, there is nothing more needful within the church as enduring, unconditional love. Not a love that our flesh works up, but constant expressions of God's agape love.

What is your love level to the brothers and sisters in the faith?

No comments: