Tuesday, April 21, 2009

His Mercy Endures For Ever


Ps 118:1-4
4 times in these verses we read the exact same words, "His mercy endureth forever."

I guess my first thought would be, how many times does the Bible have to say something? So the very fact that it is reiterated again and again, over and over repeatedly (sorry, couldn't resist), lets us know that God means it. He really means it. He is a God of mercy.

If I were God, (scary thought, huh?) I would get fed up in pretty short order. You would think that watching over a corrupted creation for this past 6000 years must have really taxed the Creator's patience. He who is absolutely righteous, immaculately holy, deals with totally depraved individuals and showers them with unmerited grace and divine mercy, not just for a while, but for ever.

I am reminded of the 23rd Psalm which states, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life."

How cool is that?

So let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Go ahead, say it!

No comments: