Saturday, April 25, 2009

It is Better to Trust in the Lord


Psa 118:7 The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
Psa 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
Psa 118:9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

The longer I live, the less confidence I have in people and government and the stronger my confidence in the Lord.

Track records are important. The Lord's is perfect. He simply never fails. No matter the difficulty, He always comes through. No situation is too tough for Him.

Conversely, people often disappoint. Princes, that is, politicians, rarely come through.

I am amused at all the people, many of whom probably trusted the Lord at one time, who actually trust that their new "alleged" president is going to pay their bills for them. (Think reparations) Granted, he is trying to do so, but even the anointed one is not going to be able to pull that off.

As good as some people are, even they will inadvertently disappoint from time to time.

It is better to just keep on trusting the One Who never fails.

No comments: