Monday, October 3, 2011

Reigning Grace

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Only the gracious God of heaven could withhold judgment as He has. I live in a town of a quarter of a million sinners, including the writer. God in heaven knows about each sin that will be committed in this town today.

Sin is the transgression of God’s holy law, whether in thought, word or deed. How many sins will be committed in Lincoln, Nebraska today? Millions! Day by day that number is multiplied. And then there are the neighboring towns and states, the country, the world. Each one of Adam’s sons and the daughters of Eve continue to chomp the forbidden fruit, driving the thorns deeper into the Saviour’s brow and the spear into His precious side.

I have got to be honest with you, if I had the power and even one person took my name in vain just a couple of times, I would think about retribution. More so, if someone murdered my son in the most horrible and demeaning of manners, and then went on in their sins without remorse, I cannot print here what I would wish for them.

Yet, God continues to extend the olive branch to us unworthy, wretched sinners. He built a bridge with 3 rusty nails and 2 pieces of wood. He is not willing that a single one of us would perish, but come to Him in repentance.

He offers total forgiveness, abounding grace and abundant mercy.

Only God! I stand amazed in the midst of an ungodly lot of blinded reprobates.