Sunday, July 3, 2011

Confessing Christ

Luk 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: 9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

Confess - "homologeo" to acknowledge, to declare.

I confess with absolute certainty that Jesus Christ is God the Son and the Son of God. He existed from eternity past. He was born of a virgin, worked countless miracles, taught eternal truths, and lived a sinless, exemplary life. He is the Lamb of God that is the only sacrifice for the sins of mankind. He died a vicarious death on a cross, was placed in a borrowed tomb, and rose again on the third day with complete victory over sin, death, hell and the devil. He ascended to the Father where He intercedes on our behalf. He is soon to come for His own, then He will judge the world. He will rule and reign on the earth for a thousand years and then forever in Heaven as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Oh, and He is my personal Savior and my best friend. I love Him and desire to worship, glorify and serve Him the rest of my life.

No comments: