Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Three Fingers Pointing Back at Me!


Rom 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

On Friday a friend tells me, "I love Jesus with all my heart and I just want to serve Him as much as I can!" But when I call him on Sunday to ask him if he is ready for a ride to church, he says, "There were dogs barking all night and I didn't sleep well, so I don't feel much like coming to church."

The previous weekend, "It's Friday, but Sunday's coming" meant crucifixion and resurrection. But for this friend, that same saying a week later meant commitment would drop off drastically.

Now, as amused and cynical as I am at that hypocrisy, I need to realize I am guilty of doing the exact same thing. No, I would never miss church because of barking dogs (well, unless I was sitting in jail because said K-9s were in the doggy morgue thanks to my friends Smith and Wesson). But, I have no problem spouting off about how much I love the Lord and want to serve Him, yet I will go several days without telling someone the gospel message. Hypocrite!

So I figure, I can do one of two things: Quit telling people how much I love the Lord or, start telling others how much He loves them!

No comments: