Monday, December 15, 2008

God has Never Lost His Keys – Nor His Kids!



Ps 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

We have a couple of girls in our church whose worship experience with us would not be complete if they haven't left something they desperately need at the church, a notebook, homework, backpack, Bible, some article of jewelry or clothing. Invariably, I’ll be heading to their house during the week to deliver the needed item.

Can you relate? Ever misplaced your keys, your wallet. I freak when I can find my chapstick or my comb!

It strikes me in our verse that God has never misplaced anything, or anyone!

God is ever mindful of us. As a doting mother constantly considers her young ones, so God has you and me in His thoughts. With all He has to do, we, His kids, are always first and foremost in His consideration.

When Moses spent 40 years on the backside of the desert tending his father-in-law's sheep, God know where He was and was working in him in ways he couldn't even comprehend at the time.

I am sure the children of Israel felt forgotten as they were carried away captive into Babylon. Yet God was with them in His very person. Hananiah, Azariah and Meshael were chunked into the furnace of fire heated 7 times over and suddenly God showed up for some fellowship time. Think about it, this was the worst thing that could ever happen in their lives - death by fire, yet it ended up being the greatest thing that could ever occur, God personally visited them.

What are you facing that's got you thinking God has forgotten where He left you?

He knows exactly where you are, what you are going through, what you need and how you are going to come through. So, as they say down under, no worries mate!

No comments: