Saturday, November 3, 2012

I Got a Rock!




Rev 2:17  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

A mansion, a crown, and......a Rock?

So much to look forward to in Glory. Jesus, the river of life, the welcoming words, "Well done!" A mansion, a golden street, gates of pearl, fruit trees bearing a different fruit each month, the angels, the saints of old, so many things, so many people!

But Jesus adds another promise to those who overcome, a white stone with a new name, a secret name written thereon. Can you imagine? "Hey, can I see what your rock says?" "Nope, it's a secret. It is between me and the Lord. But it is uber cool!"

Of all the promises we have in the Word of God, I have to level with you, this one I am probably the least excited about right now. HOWEVER, I have a feeling this will be the neatest rock I will ever see. God doesn't give junk for rewards.

No comments: