Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Delivered! Free at Last!!!



Rom 7:6  But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

I know (and love) people who are servants to the Old Testament laws. They are under bondage, as Paul dealt with so thoroughly so often. I hope and pray that one day they will come to the realization, as I did, that they need to serve Christ and not stipulations meant solely for the Jews. It is about relationship, not rules!

I am not talking about the universal moral laws of God, I am talking about dietary, travel, dress, Sabbath restrictions and the like which are to have no bearing on the life of Spirit-filled believers.

How many years I failed to make this delineation and suffered miserably within my faith and tried to impose this same misery on others. Misery loves company! “If I have to deprive myself, you must also.”

The fruit of a life lived under Old Testament law is misery, resentment, inadequacy, division and pride. How could anyone wish this for themselves and their loved ones?

The Apostles of Christ were hounded by this legalism, based in pride and tradition more than the Old Testament, as Judaizers hounded them from city to city, demanding that believers knuckle under to their version of "godly" parameters. But they would not abide this legalism and counseled together to proclaim liberty to the captives of such religiously imposed imprisonment.

Have you been delivered?

No comments: