Saturday, June 11, 2011

When We Bring Another to Christ


Philippians 4:1 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

Other than our own salvation, there is no greater joy than to lead another
soul to Christ. That euphoric feeling we receive when we pluck a brand from
the burning turns into the burden of responsibility as we then must disciple
the newborn into the faith.

I hope you have been able to experience this opportunity. It is one of the
chief reasons for our continued existence on earth.

Paul expressed the following feelings concerning the Philippians whom he
had led to Christ.
1. My brethren
2. My dearly beloved
3. My longed for
4. My joy
5. My crown

May we each bring others to Christ and then keep them as close to our
hearts as he did his converts.

No comments: