Tuesday, September 22, 2015

If the last Trump sounded this week...

..As some have strongly felt would happen...

I will never do another load of laundry, clean the house again, counsel a couple facing marriage problems, preach another sermon. I will no longer shop for groceries, go to the Dr., visit a dentist, see the Colorado Mountains, fly over the ocean, attend a Husker game or comfort a family who have lost a loved one.

I will never again have to buy hair gel, shaving cream, a toothbrush, kitty litter, cat food, (hmmm, wonder what will become of the cat?), laundry detergent, dryer sheets, milk, cereal or bread. Other items I could cross off my shopping list when I hear the call, lawn mower batteries, wiper blades, garden hose or nozzle, car wax, or renewed license plates. Yippee! That means no more standing in line at the DMV.

I will never again witness a broken home or an abandoned child. I will have watched with horror, for the last time, the unfolding of a terror attack.

If Jesus came to the clouds this week to call me home, I would no longer walk with a limp, scratch an itchy scalp, or see a mirror full of fat, or gray, or wrinkles. My mouth would be full of teeth, my blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels would be normal. All my scars would be missing, my nails a healthy color and shape. My thumb would work again, my sciatic nerve unpinched. I would see straight, hear well and run fast.

If today were the realization of the dream I've dreamed for decades and hope of all the ages, I would witness no more sickness, pain, parting, sorrow, doubt, fear, blasphemy, cursing, theft, adultery, murder, rape, brutality, hatred, lying, lust or envy.

If this week, we heard the call, "come up hither!" I would be in the presence of the Lord of glory, the Almighty Maker of the universe, the Redeemer and the Lamb. In His presence would be the holy angels, the departed saints, loved ones who beat me to heaven, untold, unimagined beauty and unending joy. I would be absent from a sinful culture, a ruined creation, and fallen creatures.

The half has not been fancied this side the golden shore, 
Oh there, He'll be still sweeter than He ever was before.

And if not this week, maybe next. But it WILL happen. The trumpet will sound, a voice will shout and the Father will speak to the Son, "Go get my children!"

Will you be in that number when the saints go marching in?


If you are not ready, pray now... "God, I am a sinner in need of your forgiveness. I believe Jesus died for my sins and that He rose again from the dead. I repent of my wickedness and turn to you in faith for the forgiveness of my sins. Please wash me now and make me clean and righteous through Jesus Christ. Lord, SAVE ME! My life is now yours. This Lord's day, if the rapture has not come, by your grace, I will be in a Bible-believing,  gospel-preaching, God-honoring church. Amen!"

No comments: