Friday, August 21, 2015

My name is on the list

So, I have to confess, you're going to find out eventually anyway. I've been outed. My name is, indeed, on the list.
I am coming clean, my heart and mind have wandered away from hearth and home.
My wife understands. As wonderful as she is, a guys gotta dream now and then. She has decided that my decision to have my name and personal information in that data base is not going to mean the end of our marriage. In fact, she says it's okay if another takes first place in my heart. She is amazingly understanding.
As for you my friends, if you feel the need to dump me as a friend because of my choices, I understand. People all over the world, people much better than me, have been unfriended as their names were revealed to be on the list. They've lost jobs, family, homes and even their lives. They have borne the shame with confidence that everything will be okay in the end.
Is your name on the list too? If it is, I guess we are in the same boat. We should form some sort of club. We could get together once a week for a sort of support group. How's that sound? Let's do it.
Okay, I've delivered my soul, I've come clean. I hope you won't be embarrassed to have known me.
There's a new name written down in glory, and it's mine, oh yes, it's mine.
And the white-robed angels sing the story, a sinner has come home.
There's a new name written down in glory, and it's mine, oh yes, it's mine.
With my sins forgiven I am bound for heaven, never more to roam.

No comments: