Wednesday, July 16, 2014

PLPWMGINFWWMY





(Thanks to my friend, Pastor Ray Smith for the seed thoughts for this blog)
Phil 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a  good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

God is a finisher! But oh, how doubtful and impatient we can sometimes be! Especially when it comes to our own progress. Following are just a few examples of God’s tenacity in completing important projects.

1. Finished creation, "It is good"
Gen 2:1  Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2. Finished work on the Cross, "It is finished"
Jn 17:4  I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Jn 19:30  When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
Jn 5:36  But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
Jn 4:34  Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
 
3. Consummation of His eternal plans.
Rev 21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 

 You are His masterpiece, His child. He has invested His treasure, His handiwork, His Spirit into you and has for you an expected end which He will consummate. 

So, PLPWMGINFWWMY: Please be patient with me, God is not finished working with me yet!

No comments: