II Tim 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
I weary of these wise-achers who spend inordinate amounts of time critiquing the pure Word of the Lord, claiming it to be inspired and yet chocked full of mistakes.
Just in this chapter, II Timothy 3, I find several descriptive monikers for them: boasters, proud, blasphemers, despisers of those that are good, heady, high-minded, having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof, ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth, seducers, deceiving and being deceived.
Let me tell you about my Bible:
1. It is able to make me wise concerning salvation through faith. The Bible-bashers cannot poke enough holes in the Word to take away its efficacy in its teaching in matters of salvation.
2. It is given by inspiration of God. God breathed His quickening into the pages of Holy Writ. No Bible-thrasher's pen knife can un-inspire the wonderful Words of Life.
3. It is profitable. Helpful, serviceable, advantageous. I can trust it thoroughly in matters of doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness. There are no holes, no flaws, no errors, no mistakes in my Bible to halt the progress of the double-edged work it does in the life of the believer.
4. The Bible, which is perfect, makes the man of God complete. If the Bible was as flawed as the professors say it is, it would not have the wherewithal to perfect its adherents.
5. It throughly furnishes God's workers to do His work. How could and incomplete, corrupted manuscript completely equip those who study it?
My Bible does the job! If you have a watered down, altered and twisted imitation of the Word of God, shelve that thing and get you a real Bible. It's the one that spurred the greatest revivals of history. It's the one that is inspired and perfectly preserved. It will teach you solid doctrine, warn you when you go astray, guide you as to how to return to the proper path and instruct you in how to stay on that path. The Book will mature you into a complete believer and give you what you need to serve Him.
Don't listen to the Bible-correctors as they spew their doubtful disputations upon God's Book. Trust the One Who has promised you a perfectly preserved Word which will not fail and is settled forever in heaven.