Wednesday, October 3, 2012

All Means All



Romans 8, the pinnacle of the peaks among the Alpen chapters of the Bible, offers us these 4 "alls" of blessing and importance. Much solace can be taken from these universal promises for His own.

1. The ALL of His Sovereignty: Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Only the omniscient, omnipotent Sovereign of the universe has the wisdom and wherewithal to turn every bane into a blessing for those who love Him and are called and fit for His purpose. He Who sends the clouds outfits them with their silver linings.

2. The ALL of His Sacrifice: Rom 8:32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

The death of Christ suffices as a universal application, but is individually received. There is enough efficacy in one drop of the Savior's blood to wash away the sin of every man of any time. But one must kneel before the cross for the blood to be functional.

3. The ALL of our Service: Rom 8:36  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

As followers of our Lord, we have been amply warned that the servant is not greater than his Lord. If they have persecuted Him, they will persecute His own. John 15:20. However, the sufferings we endure will be richly rewarded in glory. Rom 8:18, II Cor 1:5-6. Suffering for righteousness' sake yields enduring happiness, I Pet 3:14-17.

4. The All of our Solace: Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

You see, whatever comes against us, in Christ we are pre-eminently victorious.    Whatever sin abounds to confront us, His grace does much more abound, 5:12.  
Whatever weapon is formed against us by the enemy, it will not prosper, Isa 54:17.

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all


Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name


Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising up again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all

Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name

No comments: