Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Post Thanksgiving Thanks


Psa 40:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Psa 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
Psa 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Psa 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

We dare not confine our heartfelt gratefulness to the end of November. I hope we are continuing in our gratitude to the Lord for His wonderful works. Truly they are so many that we couldn't begin to reckon the whole of them.

In the previous verses, we see some wonderful blessings from God for which the Psalmist is grateful.

Having waited for the Lord to do His work, sure enough, the Lord bowed down His ear from heaven and heard him. Oh, friend, know this, we have a prayer hearing, prayer answering God Who delights in meeting the needs of His dear children. It is a shame we don't call on Him more often.

And then, the Lord delivers his servant from a distressing situation. He likened it to a horrible pit. How many of us could call the fix we are in a horrible pit, or a rut, or a hole? I am sure you can relate. But time and again, He snatches us out of the miry clay and sets us in a place of sure safety.

Finally, He fills the mouth with singing and praise. When others see where God has taken us from and where He has brought us to, they will take note and become believers also.

Now that, my friend, is a wonderful second helping of thanksgiving.

No comments: