Monday, December 20, 2010

Ah, For Crying Out Loud!


Psa 77:1 I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.
Psa 77:2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.
Psa 77:3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.


Here, Asaph, one of the tabernacle ministers of music, is overwhelmed with health issues, among other things. He is in dire need of God's attention.

So he cries out, not only with his heart, but with his voice. He emphasizes twice that it was with his voice that he cried out.

I can relate, possibly you can also. Usually, my prayers proceed quietly from my spirit. But there are those times when the necessity of my need cannot be kept silent and I have to cry out loud to the Savior in the depth of my need.

In the 130th Psalm we find the writer exclaiming on his way to worship, "Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD."

God hears and answers silent, spoken or cried out prayers. But He doesn't answer unprayed prayers. So cry out to Him, He wants to hear from you, for crying out loud!

No comments: