Monday, October 25, 2010

The Wonderful, Loving, Patient & Forgiving Heart of God!


Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
Hos 11:2 As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images.
Hos 11:3 I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them.
Hos 11:4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.
Hos 11:5 He shall not return into the land of Egypt, but the Assyrian shall be his king, because they refused to return.
Hos 11:6 And the sword shall abide on his cities, and shall consume his branches, and devour them, because of their own counsels.
Hos 11:7 And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him.
Hos 11:8 How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? how shall I deliver thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how shall I set thee as Zeboim? mine heart is turned within me, my repentings are kindled together.
Hos 11:9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.


Ah, only God, the holy One in the midst of thee could exhibit this kind
of unconditional love toward the undeserving. That's why they call it
grace.

A quick summary of the verses above...

1. We were loved by God before we were capable of even knowing what love is. vs 1
2. God has called each to a specific purpose He desires to see through to the end. vs 2
3. He watches over us, working miracles in us of which we are not even cognizant. vs 3
4. We are tied to Him in grace by bands of love which cannot be broken. vs 4
5. We cannot return to our former state of being lost. vs 5
6. Our sins do cause us grief. There are consequences. vs 6
7. Some of us are cursed with a bent toward backsliding. vs 7
8. But God is not about to give up on us. vs 8 (Phil 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ)
9. Only because He is God, the Holy One, will He not execute His fierce anger upon His own.

Hallelujah! God is truly good to His own, though undeserving they may be!

No comments: