Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Want, I Want, I Want!


Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Kids these days! Never content with what they have and always wanting more. Kids nothing! Most of the adults I know, even Christians are constantly wanting more of this world's goods, hoping that things will bring fulfillment.

The writer of this passage gives these immortal words of wisdom, “be content with such things as you have - Jesus will never leave nor forsake you.”

If you have Jesus, you always have everything you will ever need, for He has promised to meet our every need according to His riches in glory.

The word conversation, as used here, is not talking just about the things we say, rather it infers the way we live. When others watch our lives, they ought to see that we are not covetous, but satisfied and grateful for what we have.

So, instead of an attitude of "I want, I want, I want", portray a spirit of "I thank, I thank, I thank."

No comments: