Friday, September 25, 2009

Status of the Preacher's Blog



I am taking a short break from the blogosphere to rededicate myself to the basics.

Blogging has been very profitable to me over the past couple of years, so I have the feeling I will restart my blogging motor soon. My blogs have grown out of my daily devotions. However, I have found myself using my devotion time more for others than for myself. Again, God has used that in my life, and I hope for the life of others, but I am trying to tackle some Scripture in my personal devotional material which can be pretty heady material and may not quite lend itself to writing for the sake of others.

Surely, if a passage bears writing about, I will do so, but for now, I am going to try to internalize the Word for myself.

I find myself producing blogs, TV programs, messages and lessons, bulletins, articles for publication and so many of the things I do for others and really don't know how effective I am being because there is so little response and seemingly very little fruit.

So, I am going to not be pressured to blog daily for a while until the Lord tells me to do so again.

See you here again soon, the good Lord willing.

No comments: