Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Are You Happy Today?


Psalm 32:1&2 Blessed is he whose sin is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

I am not asking if you feel good, or if more things are going right than are going south. I just wondered if the joy of the Lord pervades your soul today?

Do you remember that snappy little hymn which states:

You ask me why I’m happy, so I’ll just tell you why…
Because, my sins are gone.
And when I meet the scoffers, who ask me where they are…
I say, my sins are gone.
They’re underneath the blood on the cross of Calvary,
As far removed from darkness is from dawn.
In the sea of God’s forgetfulness, that’s good enough for me.
Praise God! My sins are gone.

Such a great little chorus to singthroughout the day to keep us reminded that the best reason for any of us blood-bought children of the King to be happy is that our transgressions are forgiven, our sins covered, and once we’ve been washed, the Lord does not regard our iniquities, our spirits are clean before Him.

I ask you again, are you happy today?

No comments: