Thursday, November 27, 2014

Blessed Thanksgiving!

Today, I borrow from the Messianic Psalm, 16

Psa 16:6  The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. 

The boundary lines you have set for me are the best! As Jabez said in I Chron. 14:9, you have enlarged my territory. 

The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places. 

I am a small-time preacher smack dab in the middle of fly-over country, pastoring a relatively small flock. Our "denomination" (I don't see Baptists as a denomination) comprises only 1/2 of 1% of our city. If my church dried up and blew away, the community would never even notice. To the world, I am a nobody, doing little and having nothing to show.

And yet, the Lord has granted me favor, blessings and influence beyond imagination. No way would I trade places with any individual on the planet. NOBODY has it better than I! Truly, the lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places.

I have a goodly heritage. 

Though I sing, I will never be mentioned along side Pavarotti. Though I preach, I will never be thought of as a Graham or Osteen. Though my bank account carries a positive balance, I am no threat to Warren Buffet on the list of "well-to-dos."

Yet, I have royal blood flowing though my veins. I am a child of the King. I am destined for a royal position in millennial government. I am the King's ambassador representing a much better country.

And for these other-worldly blessings, I render gratitude on this Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments: