Wednesday, May 28, 2014

God is Faithful! I Corinthians 1




1Cor 1:3  Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 4  I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; 5  That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; 6  Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: 7  So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: 8  Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9  God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

I blog as things pop out at me during my own personal devotional reading. Things which speak to me, I desire to record and relate to others. Every day something “pops” but seldom does something pop like these three words that Paul wrote to the church at Corinth – “God is faithful.”

Corinth. If God is faithful to that mess in Corinth, then I can take umbrage that He is faithful to this mess typing at this keyboard.

Here is what I see in the passage concerning our faithful God...

1. His grace is given me by Jesus Christ. (4)
2. He is enriching me in all things, including what He would have me to say and learn. (5)
3. The testimony of Christ is reflected in me. (6)
4. He bestows spiritual gifts upon me to bless others until the 2nd coming. (7)
5. He will keep me secure and blameless until such a time. (8)
6. He has placed me in a wonderful fellowship of His family. (9)

Goose bumps, fellow pilgrims! I may not be as faithful as I would like, as He would expect or as you would imagine, yet He remains faithful to me! Praise God.

No comments: