Friday, June 11, 2010

They Found Fault


Mark7:2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say , with unwashen, hands, they found fault .

I like what one brother said to me many years ago when he had criticized me and then realized he had overstepped his bounds; “You are the one in the saddle and I am nowhere even near the horse.”

Well said! As the old Indian proverb states, “never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins.” Of course the Word said it first, “Judge not that ye be not judged.” Jumping to conclusions is the most exercise some people ever get.

My sister and I have spent 3 days hammering out the details of my father’s funeral. Man, there must be at least 400 decisions which have demanded our answers thus far. Others have made critical judgments against us and even threatened our very beings for some of our decisions. They never anteed up to help pay for things, they are ignorant of his directives, they never even came to the table, yet they were kept in the loop. Apparently, they had to feel involved in some way, so they find fault.

How many times have the words of the Lord came to my heart, “Cast not thy pearl before the swine, lest they turn and rend you and trample you under their feet.”

I have learned some valuable lessons about my own Pharisaical attitudes from time to time. Give well-meaning people the benefit of the doubt.

If you must have your buttered corn on the cob at this evenings meal and were unable to scrub up first, go ahead, I’ll not find fault with you.

No comments: