Wednesday, June 9, 2010

His Disiples Follow Him


Mark 6:1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.

It is interesting to note the wording and tense here. Mark does not say that His disciples followed Him, which they obviously did and what is certainly meant. However, it is present tense, which opens the door that we may freely interpret, "even today, His true disciples are meant to follow Him."

Do we? Having read the previous chapter where a demoniac was delivered, a dame was healed and a damsel was revived, no one is more worthy of our devoted discipleship and unwavering followship than this wonderful Saviour, Healer and Lord.

Let us embark on today's path to waver not to the left or the right, but always in the blessed Master's footsteps, whether they lead through dark valleys or sunshiny peaks. Allow every step to be a learning process in our discipleship.

He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught!
Whate’er I do, where’er I be
Still ’tis God’s hand that leadeth me.

* Refrain:
He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful foll’wer I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.

Sometimes ’mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, o’er troubled sea,
Still ’tis His hand that leadeth me.

Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since ’tis my God that leadeth me.

And when my task on earth is done,
When by Thy grace the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
Since God through Jordan leadeth me.

No comments: