The devil May be a dummy, but he's a pretty smart dumb dumb. He knows more than he lets on or that we will give him credit for. He knows how to do maximum damage. And so, we are warned to not be ignorant of his devices.
1. He knows infinitely more than we know, even about ourselves. He is experienced, well-placed, observant, wickedly wise, practiced.
2. He knows that the way to get to God is through His kids. If God had a chunk in His armor, it is you! You know, the whole "weak link" thing.
3. He knows that God is awfully good to us. (9) He knows that most of us would buckle if God removed His hand from us. He knows that if we lost it all, we may be inclined to not realize that we still have Him, and that's all we really need.
4. He knows that God protects us. (10) That we are hedged in on every side and protected by God. He is our shield, our fortress, our refuge, our high tower. He has given His angels charge over us.
5. He knows how blessed we are because we are special to Him. (10b)
6. He knows that he has to have God's express permission to work on us. (12). All testing is okayed and filtered by heaven.
7. He knows how to hit is hard, right where it hurts, and to hit us often. 13-20
8. He knows that some of God's kids can survive His onslaughts still praising God and staying true. 21-22.
Now that you know some of what the devil knows, perhaps you'll be sober and vigilant, because your adversary, the devil, as a roaring lion, is walking about today, just as in Job's day, seeking whom he may devour.