Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Love God, Live Longer...and Better!


Pro 19:23 The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

The benefits of living for the Lord are numerous. Not only are they "out of this world" but even if we didn't have the promise of heaven, our standard of living is greatly increased by godly living.

Make no mistake, Christians have fun too. It is a misnomer that once you get saved, all the fun goes out the window. O contraire! The fun believers can have causes no regrets. No headaches in the morning following a night of debauchery, no worries about STD's following loose living. In fact, I really didn't know what enjoyment of life really is until I met the Saviour.

I can remember, before salvation, puking my guts out from consumption of alcohol, destroying my lungs from inhaling tar and nicotine, hiding out in fields behind rocks for fear of the authorities when they broke up the pot parties and looking over my shoulder lest my indiscretions catch up with me.

But, oh glory! To know that I have pleased God and that He has freely given me all things (within His will) to enjoy. I have a much greater quality of life, will get to enjoy a longer, healthier life and have a greater capacity for joy and fulfillment.

Fear the Lord, it tends to life and satisfaction.

No comments: