Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Investigation of the Heart


Pro 17:3 The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts.

Silver and gold are generally polluted with dross, i.e. impurities in the ore. Fire is the agent used to separate the precious from the porous.

God intends our hearts to be hearts of gold and silver, refined to be pure for His service and for the relationship He desires to have with us, and especially to make us more like Jesus.

So He allows the fire in our lives for the purification of our hearts. The word used, "trieth", in the Hebrew, means to test or to investigate. The idea is that each time the fire is employed, that is, trials, problems, suffering, etc., He is able to determine how far we have come in our purification process.

So, the things that occur today in your life, setbacks, difficulties and the like are simply an investigation into your life. It is a process to make us more like Christ. In entering into the fellowship of His sufferings, we more and more reflect the heart of purest gold that our Savior has.

Lord, give me grace today as I endure your investigation of my heart. Purify me and make me into the image of your dear Son. When you look at my life and into my heart, may you see Jesus in me. Amen!

No comments: