Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hyperbole?


John 21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. 25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they
should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could
not contain the books that should be written. Amen.


I have heard people say that this summation by the Apostle John could not be taken literally, it is just hyperbole.

But I know that all the things He has done, just in my life, would take several volumes if they were recorded and commentaries made. I suppose that I hardly know but a small percentage of what He has done for me.

Jesus has been very good to me and, I suspect He has been especially kind to you also. Perhaps, one day, we will get to read those volumes containing our own untold stories of His works on our behalf.

No comments: