Saturday, May 21, 2011

Support the Weak


Rom 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.

Oh, how my heart goes out to folks I know who are weak to the point of breaking. Between the enemy's darts, the results of their own poor choices and what the Lord has allowed to come upon them, they are deeply hurting.

I am tempted to throw in the towel for them, but then, I really don't want to be in league with the fickle friends of Job.

And so, with God's help, I plan to help them shoulder their burdens, denying my own ease. After all, what would I expect from them if it was me who was about to crumble under the weight?

Bear ye one another's burdens, the apostle told us. Do good to all men, especially to those of the household of faith.

God, grant me the ability and strength to help another in need today.

No comments: