Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No Condemnation


Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Condemnation = Katakrima = adverse sentence.

I am presently trying to help a young man sitting in jail, awaiting extradition to a faraway state for crimes committed there. He knows he did wrong and deserves to pay a debt to society. His hope is that the judge will look upon his utter helplessness and get him into some counseling rather than locking him up in the slammer.

I can relate. I am a sinner, guilty before God of crimes against His holy law. In fact, I have broken about all of His laws, whether in word, thought or deed. I deserve to be thrown into hell. Yet, because of my trust in Christ, the Propitiation for my crimes against heaven, God, in His mercy, love and grace, has looked kindly upon me and has allowed me to skate! There is now no adverse sentence against me. I am totally free from condemnation as I go on my way walking after the Spirit.

Freedom, ah, it never smelled so good!

No comments: