Thursday, December 9, 2010

If you have your health...


Psa 42:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psa 43:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

you can finish that old adage, can't you? If you have your health, you have everything. Well, it is a bit of an overstatement, I think. But it is a good point. When you are in poor health, nothing else seems in sync. Finances are out the window, relationships are strained, especially with those who cannot relate to your sufferings. Your job cannot have your full attention. So many things hit the back burner when your health is in poor shape.

A good relationship with the Lord generally produces a healthful glow in the believer. Good humor begets a good look. A confident soul, unified with the Spirit of God, begets a healthy demeanor.

We are put on notice by the Word that a merry heart doeth good like a medicine. Merry hearts are the result of a right relationship with the Lord.

If you are feeling a little puny today, spend some time in the presence of the Almighty and come away recharged, you will feel better.

No comments: