Friday, December 17, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust



Psa 72:9 They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.

When Julian the Apostate met his end, he gathered handfuls of dust, tossed them into the air proclaiming, "Thou hast conquered, thou Galilean!"

Celebrated atheist Voltaire exclaimed with his last words, "I am abandoned by God and man, I shall go to hell! I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six month's life."

Mirabeau proclaimed, "My sufferings are intolerable: I have in me a hundred years of life, but not a moment’s courage. Give me more laudanum, that I may not think of eternity? Oh Christ, Oh Jesus Christ!"

As Severus passed, the emperor responsible for the deaths of thousands of believers, his words still echo, "I have been everything; and everything is nothing!"

Skeptic Thomas Hobbes, "If I had the whole world, I would give anything to live one day. I shall be glad to find a hole to creep out of the world at. I am about to take a fearful leap in the dark!"

Caesar Borgia, "I have provided, in the course of my life, for everything except death, and now, alas! I am to die, although entirely unprepared!"

Chancellor of England Sir Thomas Scott, "Until this moment, I thought there was neither God nor hell; now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty!"

Infidel club leader, Sir Francis Newport, "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!"

M.F. Rich, "Terrible horrors hang over my soul! I have given my immortality for gold; and its weight sinks me into a hopeless, helpless hell!"

Atheist Thomas Paine, American colonialist writer, "I would give worlds if I had them, that 'the Age of Reason' had never been published. O Lord, help me! Christ, help me!... No, don't leave, stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Assassin John Wilkes Booth, "Useless! Useless! The terrors before me!"

Charles IX, murderous king responsible for the massacre of 15000 Huguenots said in his last hours, "Asleep or awake, I see the mangled forms of the Huguenots passing before me. They drop with blood. They point at their open wounds. Oh! That I had spared at least the little infants at the breast! What blood! I know not where I am. How will all this end? What shall I do? I am lost forever! I know it. Oh, I have done wrong. "

Though the God-haters shoot out the lip in mockery of our Lord, it is the Lord Who will have the last say.

No comments: