Job 42:10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
When Job, God's man, had been thoroughly reproved by the Lord, and when Job repented, a number of things happened:
1. He saw God as He truly is and himself as what he really is. That is: God is infinite, man is finite. God is all-wise, man lacks knowledge, understanding and wisdom. Man has much to learn, God cannot be taught. Vss 2-4
2. God is thrice holy and to be adored, man is deplorable and is in constant need of repentance. Vs 6
3. We get a clearer understanding of God's majesty. Vs 5
4. God will take up our cause against those who speak evil of us. Vss 7-9
5. God, in His mercy, makes us acceptable in the Beloved. Vs 9
6. God blesses us beyond our worthiness or imagination. Vs 10
7. God will give us favor with others. Vs 11
8. God will establish our legacy. Vss 12-17
It pays to be faithful to God, no matter what. Humbling ourselves before Him and receiving instruction from Him will produce great reward. The greater the suffering, the greater the reward, whether here, or in eternity.